Wednesday 22 June 2011

Maroon 5 feat. Christina Aguilera - Moves Like Jagger


What is with this barrage of perfect summer songs lately? Not that I'm complaining, but my summer playlist is going to be 40 hours long at this rate. Moves Like Jagger, the product of another Maroon 5 collaboration, is yet another song that will have you dancing like... well, like Mick if the title is anything to go by. Punchy guitars weaved with a lovely little synth beat and a whistle that most people will spend the summer trying to copy, this is a song with one hell of a hook. The vocals work well together, although I think the song would've benefited from Christina being involved a little more - not that I don't love Adam's voice. Lyrically, it's another summer song with more hook than meaning, but that's not to say there aren't some moments to make you smile (Kiss me until you're drunk and I'll show you/All the moves like Jagger, I got moves like Jagger.) All in all, a stellar addition to the summer fold.

-faithfulradiowhore

No comments:

Post a Comment