Monday 25 July 2011

Patrick Stump - As Long As I Know I'm Getting Paid


To celebrate the frankly fabulous news that his debut album Soul Punk is due out on October 18th, today's song is what will keep me going until that date. As Long As I Know I'm Getting Paid is a rockin' little piece of music that will have you dancing through the summer - be it the acoustic version (above) or the synth-y glory of the EP version. The melody isn't especially complicated most of the way through, but the intricate guitar work just before the bridge is all the more impressive by comparison. However, the lyrics are perhaps the most intriguing part of the song, outwardly deceptive but with absolute gems hidden in the midst (In this life that matters that matters more than death/I follow to my dying breath). A fantastic, surreal experience that leaves you desperate for more - bring on October.

-faithfulradiowhore

No comments:

Post a Comment