Friday 29 April 2011

Howie Day - Collide


Okay, I gave in to Royal Wedding fever at the last minute - how could I not? I did restrain myself from the obvious songs (God Save The Queen, Killer Queen... the list goes on), but I thought it was only appropriate that today's was a love song. Collide is beautiful; there's no better description for it. Beautiful melody, beautiful lyrics, beautiful vocals... it's quite simply a song for people in love. What's probably the best thing about it is that it's not some fairytale notion, it's for real people in love with the good and bad (Even the best fall down sometimes/Even the wrong words seem to rhyme.) How appropriate today. Yes, Collide is the perfect end to today.

-faithfulradiowhore

1 comment:

  1. I love this song, definitely put Howie Day on the map.

    Have you checked out the new Augustana record? www.augustanamusic.com It's SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete